Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GO FLAMES GO!!!
What a load of shite. It's going to be really interesting to see the game tomorrow if Vinny's out on the ice. I think he'll have a bit of a target painted on him.
If that's the mindset in the Flames dressing room, then they've already lost this series...

The season is now a maximum of three games from being over; if players on either team are dumb enough to go exacting revenge at this point, then Sutter and Tortorella aren't half the coaches I think they are...

I imagine game #5 will be tame compared to the first four, as the loser faces the possibility of losing the Cup in a single game...

M.
I agree, I don't think they'll go out specificlly to seek revenge. I do think that if an oppertunity arises for a clean hit on Vinny that they'll put in a bit of extra effort into it though. They won't go out there with a mindset to even up on something like that. They'll go out with the same mindset that they have all year, to win.
Bogus decision , if that's a suspension then so is Stillmans Elbow to the head of Nilsson. What about when Oliwa was crosschecked head first into the boards by Schneider against Detroit, not even a penalty , Campbell is a joke. Call it consistently. I think Game 5 will be just as rough as Game 3 , if not rougher , Calgary will hit everything that moves and will get a win. Game 6 at home, they take the Cup. As far as 15 stiches to Lecavalier , I think that's a load of crap. Tortorella playing games to get the refs , the NHL, watching the Flames with a magnifying glass, nothing more than games. Even if he took 15 stitches , why the hell isn't his strap done up ? If it's done up he's fine, he doesn't drop to the ice and make it look bigger than it was. Tampa whined in their series against Philly and they'll whine in this one. Fraser reffing game 6 is an incredibly stupid move , NHL is trying to showcase their game , putting Fraser into this situation is going to put focus on him and the fans who are booing, instead of the focus being on what counts , the game . The hit on Lecavalier was a penalty, double minor at worst and no way in suspension territory , at least not by the standard Colin Campbell has set. Royce mentioned Vinny not playing at the end of the game, but correct me if i'm wrong , but if a player gets hit and stays on the ice until medical staff come out , then he cannot play on the powerplay, so Vinny wouldn't have been allowed to play anyways, with less than 5 min left in the game.