Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHL
everybody round here are pretty proud of hometown hero gerard 'turk' gallant
I'll be cheering for the Caps in this one. Ovi deserves to hoist the Cup. Vegas' cinderella run has been fun to watch, but it's time for them to f*** off.
direwolf74 Wrote:I'll be cheering for the Caps in this one. Ovi deserves to hoist the Cup. Vegas' cinderella run has been fun to watch, but it's time for them to f*** off.

I am the opposite. I have never liked Ovi. I don't think they would even be there if Fleury was still with the Pens. I am so stoked to see him play the way he has this year. Hope he takes home another cup before the end of his career.
I can’t decide who I want to win. On one hand, I want to see Ovechkin win a Cup more than any player in the league not named Lundqvist. But then how amazing would it be to have the Knoghts win it all in their first season. Either way I’ll be excited for the winner, but disappointed for the loser.
Vegas three wins away from blowing everyone's minds.
Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
If Turk doesn't unanimously win the Jack Adams & if George McPhee doesn't unanimously win the GM of the year, there's something really wrong with those voters. What Vegas has accomplished is beyond comprehension.
ryan93 Wrote:I can’t decide who I want to win. On one hand, I want to see Ovechkin win a Cup more than any player in the league not named Lundqvist. But then how amazing would it be to have the Knoghts win it all in their first season. Either way I’ll be excited for the winner, but disappointed for the loser.

That pretty much sums up my feeling on it... good either way. I enjoyed watching Crosby get the better of Ovechkin over the past decade but there is no one more deserving in the league of getting their first cup than Ovi. He played out of his head last series. However, if Vegas wins then it's also a hell of a story. Likely the most surprising Cup winner ever. A well built team that rolls four "second lines". They can play a rough game, a speed game, a defensive game... essentially they can adapt to the style of any opponent. And Fleury? As close to a no-brainer for a Conn Smythe winner as there has been in years. Even if Vegas doesn't win, he will still garner some consideration.
Not to seem like a silly bandwagon fan, but ever since this Vegas team was announced, I was interested in following the process and watching them this year. I joined the Golden Knights subreddit the day the official team name was announced, and could not wait to read about creating an NHL team.

I love an underdog so much in sports to the point where my NHL team are the Florida Panthers.

Gerard Gallant and Johnathon Huberdeau went on a rip in my hometown of Saint John with the Sea Dogs back in the day. That's why I loved the Panthers (I still do)

Fuck Tom Rowe. I can't fucking believe the terrible decision made by that selfish new 'GM' to make himself head coach. Dale Tallon gave someone new an inch, and he took a mile. Tom Row firing Gerard Gallant to make himself head coach... I'm still furious. Last year, Marchessault was the hottest new player on the roster. I agree with lots of what Dale Tallon has done, but I knew Marchessault was one of the best players on the Panthers. When I saw he wasn't going to be protected, I thought he was the best player in the expansion draft. Rediculous decision.

Reilly Smith... Loved him but understood the sentiment and reasons why he left. He's always been hit and miss year-to-year, however, he def had a good year with Florida his final year there.

So between this weird Sea Dogs -> Panthers fanboy love, a Golden Knight western love has budded. It's been so entertaining seeing this entire process. Even if Vegas had a mediocre season Panthers-esque season and missed the playoffs, I think they would have been my fav. team in the West.

Even got some Golden Knights swag as a gift after my pops went to go see a game vs. Toronto on NYE!

Go Knights Go !
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Holy shit was that an incredible save by Holtby

Could be a key turning point
redhill Wrote:Holy shit was that an incredible save by Holtby

Could be a key turning point

Yeah, crazy save -- add in there the screen shot off the post also in the final minutes.
Prior to game one I was fairly indifferent to the outcome of the finals. However, after seeing Ovi carry on the biggest beer-soaked Cup celebration I've ever seen over the past five days, I'm quite happy the Caps won. I've never seen someone more happy to win the cup. It's been unfettered joy since last Thursday, whether he's doing keg stands with the Cup or drunk push-ups in a water fountain. Good on him!
potsie Wrote:Prior to game one I was fairly indifferent to the outcome of the finals. However, after seeing Ovi carry on the biggest beer-soaked Cup celebration I've ever seen over the past five days, I'm quite happy the Caps won. I've never seen someone more happy to win the cup. It's been unfettered joy since last Thursday, whether he's doing keg stands with the Cup or drunk push-ups in a water fountain. Good on him!

this for sure .... he's riding the wave all the way to shore and right up the godamn beach to the parking lot