Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prez. Reagan RIP.....
CC. You're wrong. PM me if you want to talk geo-politics. I've got a couple university degrees too. This thread is for rememberances. If you can't see the error or your ways, then I can't help you.
Listen i'm not going to go through this again. Here are the facts, you are not a moderator, you did not create this thread, do not tell people what it is or isn't about. This isn't about your degrees, this is about opinion, and anyone elses is as valid as yours. You have the arrogance to say "PM me if you want to talk geo-politics. I've got a couple university degrees too...If you can't see the error or your ways, then I can't help you. " Lose the ego. To paraphrase Summit , he asked " What do you Americanz think of Ronny's accomplishmentz or do the Bad outweigh the good he's done?" This obviously has a political leaning , and anyone who wants to answer it in that manner and interpret it in that manner has every right to.
If I may chime in, Steven, Mark's right on the money, I did start this thread and wanted to know what people think/thought of Reagans stint as Chief.(I said Americanz but meant everyone) You may feel that it should be just about giving rememberance but I didn't say that,you need to start your own thread for that. The fact is not everyone feelz they owe this man that much and should be allowed too share their thoughtz . Holy shit compared to some of the boardz I'm apart of, the commentz made here aren't that bad. Like Mark said this is about opinion, I wanted to know everyonez opinion, for better or for worse.
I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
CanuckCourage Wrote:Listen i'm not going to go through this again. Here are the facts, you are not a moderator, you did not create this thread, do not tell people what it is or isn't about. This isn't about your degrees, this is about opinion, and anyone elses is as valid as yours. You have the arrogance to say "PM me if you want to talk geo-politics. I've got a couple university degrees too...If you can't see the error or your ways, then I can't help you. " Lose the ego. To paraphrase Summit , he asked " What do you Americanz think of Ronny's accomplishmentz or do the Bad outweigh the good he's done?" This obviously has a political leaning , and anyone who wants to answer it in that manner and interpret it in that manner has every right to.

Again, thanks for proving my point. Give a goat enough rope...
I think almost everyone can agree that Ronald Reagan was a contradiction in political and personal terms. He was a shrewd political operator who knew that sunny optimism would beat Jimmy Carter's malaise syndrome. Personally, I think the belief that he didnt give a damm about poor people and others was a media stereotype because he didnt mouth the same platititudes that the media and liberal politicians mouthed while doing nothing concrete to change the underlying problems. Simply throwing money at a problem and hoping it will go away doesnt solve societal problems. He has his faults but I think he did what he felt was best and not stick his finger to the wind.
We paused in the NDP war room from the campaign to watch the Reagan state funeral ceremonies begin.

Kudos to CNN for not speaking over the footage as requested by Nancy.

A great big "Shut yer mouth!" to Don Newman (Who I think is a national treasure BTW.. but dropped the ball today) who spoke over the whole thing. I guess he missed the release.

Some great stuff in the NY Times about Reagan's less publicized liberalism, which suprised me greatly. The above statement by VLH about contradictions is certainly true.

A historic figure takes his well deserved rest.
Stephen Dame Wrote:Again, thanks for proving my point. Give a goat enough rope...

Save the rhetoric for your "NDP War Room."
CanuckCourage Wrote:
Stephen Dame Wrote:Again, thanks for proving my point. Give a goat enough rope...

When you can't attack the post, attack the poster.

Read the other replies my friend, you're wrong on this one, and your initial remarks aren't tempered by your subsequent dithering.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Although I'd be shocked if you could even respect that.

The last word is all yours...
Stephen Dame Wrote:
CanuckCourage Wrote:

When you can't attack the post, attack the poster.

Well said, I guess you felt the need to take this tactic when you saw Heron wasn't bending to your will of controlling the direction of this topic. You started off by attacking Heron by a sarcastic "Classy", attacking him instead of his post. If you disagreed with what he said then you should have spoke up , instead you attacked. After I defended Heron for answering the Question Summit posed , you chose to attack me by insinuating I lacked "Class and Respect". You chose to twist this topic into something you wanted , but that is not your place to do so... It just hit me , could your comment (When you can't attack the post, attack the poster) be directed at me ? Your post was pure RHETORIC, let's dissect it . " thanks for proving my point" riiight , what was your point ? Which one ? Summit clearly states what he meant, and yet you continue..Now comes "Give a goat enough rope", are trying to say that my opinion is not worthy ? That I am like a goat , i'll keep chewing till the sun comes down ? Maybe then an analogy for you would be a "fertile field" full of shit and happy to keep the grass growing to feed the goat. I'll chew the grass to get through the B.S.

Stephen Dame Wrote:Read the other replies my friend, you're wrong on this one, and your initial remarks aren't tempered by your subsequent dithering.

OK I've read them , what's your point ? Some have chose to say RIP and some have discussed the job he did while in office. The posts prove nothing and are inconsequential to begin with, the original question posed is what this debate is about. Why can't you recognize this ? Summit clears up what he meant and you have the nerve to continue ? Nice use of words in your sentence, "friend" (insinuating you have class by using it to describe me) followed by the "subsequent dithering" (insulting the content of my posts) . Very nice , just like a politician , throw out a complimentary word and then hurl the insult, great for effect but lacks any substance or sincerity.

Stephen Dame Wrote:I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Although I'd be shocked if you could even respect that.

See I like picking apart what people say , because you can learn alot about someone. Now saying "I guess we'll have to agree to disagree." you give the impression that it's a difference of opinion, that you are respecting mine. You are not , you are trying to silence it and dictate yours. "Although I'd be shocked if you could even respect that." Again, nice try, insinuating that I lack the class to disagree respectfully. I guess I don't take to it well when people use this tactic to reinforce their position, and your position was to dictate. You are wrong and you are too arrogant to admit it, so you use language to slander, by attacking the character of a person... the poster (me), I imagine to scare ? To stifle ? Whatever the case, you decided what this discussion was about, people can post their opinion without you dictating the boundary.

I will not lace my post with insincerity, I said what I meant and certainly wasn't kind, or for better words "respectful", my hand was forced by conscience and anger, so I responded honestly.

Mark
The funeral is on TV now if anybody's interested. Very impressive. First one in US history since Johnson.

Brings back memories of Trudeau at Notre Dame.

Mulroney speaks shortly.

Light rain as he entered the cathedral... "Hollywood" to the end Ronnie. RIP.
"we lost Ronald Reagan only days ago, but we have missed him for a long time"

I thought that was a pretty cool part of George W's speech during the funeral, very touching.
Also it was impressive to see all the old heads of state there...Gorbachov, Thatcher - made me feel nostalgic.
I thought Mulruney did a nice job and really be the true representative of Canada there.