Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live song tributes for Gord and the Hip
That elusive B sharp
1995-02-10 Toronto; 1996-12-12 Toronto; 1998-07-04 Hamilton; 1999-02-22 Toronto; 2000-06-24 Toronto; 2000-12-06 Ottawa; 2002-08-02 Toronto; 2004-10-23 Ottawa; 2007-01-31 Oshawa; 2007-02-02 Ottawa; 2011-07-01 Toronto; 2012-02-09 Oshawa; 2015-02-19 Toronto; 2015-04-15 Oshawa; 2016-08-18 Ottawa
schaggs Wrote:That elusive B sharp

.png   58738.png (Size: 333.7 KB / Downloads: 157)
direwolf74 Wrote:
Rocker_Matt Wrote:Nickelback covering Ahead By A Century

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYYprKD6b7o">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYYprKD6b7o</a><!-- m -->

Nope. I refuse to watch that.

i watched about 10 seconds. then i had to take a shower
In Sackville, NB, last Friday night, I had a Never-Ending Present event at Thunder & Lightning. The booker corralled some locals to play some Hip/Gord songs.
I'd asked Julie Doiron to do it, but realized the wound was likely still raw and didn't really expect her to... but she did. I was hoping she'd do Titanic Terrarium, which she did for the Strombo Show, but she had a crazy week and didn't have time to relearn it so she played two Country of Miracles songs. She and everyone else were amazing.

The set list:
Julie: Figment, The Drowning Machine
Jon Mckiel: Trick Rider (with Julie), Chancellor
Steven Haley: Fireworks, Seven Matches
Klarka Weinwurm: Vancouver Divorce, Thompson Girl

I shot some shitty video, which I may or may not post. It would be hard to capture the beauty in that room that night.
[youtube]hPjAT_CUwSQ[/youtube]
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Aww man, that was great. I've always wanted to hear Danny Greaves sing a Hip song. Dude still has one of the best voices in rock, and he couldn't sing a bum note if he tried.
I was at that Watchmen concert. Excellent stuff. After Wheat Kings, Danny let the room take over on most of All Uncovered with the same set-up.

Danny also did acapella Heart of Saturday Night, and sandwiched REM's Superman (I know it's not theirs) and Hairshirt (!) into the middle of a couple of McLaren Furnace Room tracks. He played Highwayman on piano and they brought Ron Hawkins onto stage to do one of his songs. And closed with a Tom Petty tribute (Square One).

Oh and all their own stuff was awesome as usual. New appreciation for how amazing Joey Serlin is on guitar. Kenny T grinding as usual, and Sammy Kohn pounding the drums and liking one of my tweets!

ct
Chris Tanz Wrote:I was at that Watchmen concert. Excellent stuff. After Wheat Kings, Danny let the room take over on most of All Uncovered with the same set-up.

Danny also did acapella Heart of Saturday Night, and sandwiched REM's Superman (I know it's not theirs) and Hairshirt (!) into the middle of a couple of McLaren Furnace Room tracks. He played Highwayman on piano and they brought Ron Hawkins onto stage to do one of his songs. And closed with a Tom Petty tribute (Square One).

Oh and all their own stuff was awesome as usual. New appreciation for how amazing Joey Serlin is on guitar. Kenny T grinding as usual, and Sammy Kohn pounding the drums and liking one of my tweets!

ct

I think it's about time those guys put out a new album. It's been what, 17 years since Slomotion? I realize the band is more of a part-time thing for them these days, but you have to think they've written some new material somewhere along the way. C'mon guys, you gotta put that stuff down on tape and set it free!
That was fantastic!

I've always loved the Watchmen and that was about as awesome as I would have expected.

Thanks!

Shane