Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened to the tracker?
What happened? Is there any way to login to the The Hipfans.com Live Music Archive that comes up when you load what was formerly the Hip Tracker? Apologies if this is a dumb question. Thanks guys.
Not a dumb question at all. I got tired of running the tracker so I shut 'er down!

And access to the new archive is not open to the public yet. I'm still playing around with the code/software. If/when I get it finished it'll be open to everyone.
I hope you can find the time and energy to get it done Chris. I know there's a boatload of relics just waiting for all to enjoy.
"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time."
~Thomas Merton
chris Wrote:Not a dumb question at all. I got tired of running the tracker so I shut 'er down!

And access to the new archive is not open to the public yet. I'm still playing around with the code/software. If/when I get it finished it'll be open to everyone.

Thanks Chris and that's totally understandable. I sorta figured, but nice to get a direct answer from the man himself! Even though I only recently joined the forum, I found the site and tracker quite awhile ago and when it was around it was (and is) great and I'm thankful for the little collection of shows I've been able to build up because of it. It's much appreciated.
Yer welcome.

I've got loads of shows on the new server - about 200 Gigs so far. I'll get it opened eventually but as coding and building sites, etc, is not my speciality it's way down on my list of things to do...
chris Wrote:Yer welcome.

I've got loads of shows on the new server - about 200 Gigs so far. I'll get it opened eventually but as coding and building sites, etc, is not my speciality it's way down on my list of things to do...

Right on, that's awesome! And take your time, I'm sure it'll be worth however long the wait is
Does hiptracker.com still work? Sorry I have not been to the forum in quite a while I am late on this information. I am trying to torrent the Wasaga 2004 dvd as well as the Toronto 2004 audience and Oshawa 2007 dvd and audience. Thanks!!!
RevolutionMan Wrote:Does hiptracker.com still work? Sorry I have not been to the forum in quite a while I am late on this information. I am trying to torrent the Wasaga 2004 dvd as well as the Toronto 2004 audience and Oshawa 2007 dvd and audience. Thanks!!!
No. It's dead. And I won't be bringing it back to life.
No problem. Thanks for running that though it was terrific. Some good music on there as well lol.
I got a lot of great shows off of Hiptracker.
RevolutionMan Wrote:No problem. Thanks for running that though it was terrific. Some good music on there as well lol.

would love to talk about shows with you, been collecting Hip for 25 years -not as big a collection as Hip King Sloggett (but who does? lol)

got some DAT masters I recorded in 1995 but no Dat machine at the moment to transfer em

Tony Rampling
Chris - Gord bless you for all the work you did over the years!!

You made my world a better place!!

Tony
kaisersozee Wrote:Chris - Gord bless you for all the work you did over the years!!

You made my world a better place!!

Tony
Thanks Tony. It was a fun part of my life, but life moves quickly...