Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduce Yerself
Hi, my name is Scott, and am 24 years old and a SPC in the us army currently deployed overseas.
I was introduced to the hip by my uncle about 9 years ago and recently got in to trading concerts by my brother who is a big DMB trader.

Just wanted to say hi 8)
Howdy, Hippie's

What a great why to get to know eachother alittle bit better, therefore I'm going to do the same !

I'm Mark A Cairns,34 yr old originality from leeds England, but at the moment I'm living in Rotterdam Holland due to my company whishes .
The company sell's chemicals worldwide, and my speciality is oilfield/refinery chemicals .
Therefore I'm specialized in helping refineries with there problems .
And like fay, I'm a drummer and if I've got the time I still play in a couple of coverbands .
The music we play are covers from bands which you will find elsewhere on this website .
I've got a girlfriend who's into the Hip as well, we always visit there concerts together or with friends .
We like the Hip ever since there LP Up to here, and we haven't stopped to like 'em from then onwards .
Only resently have we discoverd this website, and must say we enjoy it very much !
I'll be going to see them again next week in 013 Tilburg Holland, and we we've been I'll post a review .

Catch ya' later, Mark A Cairns from Rotterdam Holland .
I'm Toby, 26, Website Manager, Tunbridge Wells, UK. Been a fan of The Hip since 1993 when I saw them at Glastonbury Festival. I was right at the back of the crowd and as soon as they started playing, mainly from Fully Completely and pushed my way through the very packed crowd and watched mesmerised as Gord and the band did their stuff on stage. From that day I've been writing lyrics, writing songs and performing in London, Poland, South East England and Brighton, inspired by Gord/The Hip. I've been importing the albums ever since, went to the gig in London on the 21st, and Gord is the best frontman on the planet, bar none
If a band can trancend above the dire mush that is music today, The Hip definately do, with intelligent lyrics, class tunes and a live experience that no-one can touch.

There you go. The Hip changed my life forever. Thats my story. Well the Hip related bit of it anyhoo, the rest would take too long to type.
Hi everyone! I'm Matthew, just wanted to say hello. Been a fan of a Hip for a while, growing up it was hard to avoid them. My first show should have been Brockville, ON, 1990, but it conflicted with my grade 8 graduation! Cry

Seen them a few times, probably going to see them again on the 30th, last show was this summer in Ottawa. I'm currently living in Ithaca, NY, going to grad school, I guess I like the life of the student. Other bands that I love are The Smiths, Oasis, Radiohead, and Sloan. I'm a huge Senators fan, don't get me started on the Leafs!

As a recent convert to SHN, I need to rebuild a Hip collection, I've said my good-byes to MP3. My list is here, and always growing. Give me a shout if you want to trade anything. Cheers!

http://db.etree.org/thischarmingman

Matthew
Hello everyone. John here, 26, and from Brantford, Ontario. I found my way here through searching the net for Hip sites and stuff. I just seen them for the first time ever at the New Years Eve show in Hamilton last week. Been to lots of other concerts over the year, but that one was definately one of the best if not "THE BEST" concert i've been to. Just been looking to find a video and/or audio of this amazing show.

See ya
John!
Hi all,
I've been a Hip fan for ages, have all but their latest commercial CD (and really, I have to get off my duff and pick it up) :? . I have just been introduced to live show trading through DylanTree. I'd love to get a few good shows of TheHip, so please bear with me if I ask for a BnP, as I am starting at ground zero.

Thanks

MilosG
From west of The Wheat Kings.
Hi...my name is Jen and I live in Western New York (Hamburg..a few miles off Lake Erie). I have been posting here for a while but haven't introduced myself yet. I got into the Hip through my husband and a friend of his who gave me a free ticket to a Darien Lake show(a few years ago).
Well since then I have been hooked and they quickly rose to one of my favorite bands of all time. I love the energy in the band and I love listening to them during my work outs Smile They really pump me up!!
One of my favorite gifts to receive at Christmas (and other times too) is some new Hip boot-legs..my husband keeps me hooked Smile Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello to everyone. This is Dave here, a single man of 28 years. I live in the Ottawa area and I've been a fan since back in the day like most here I'm sure. Been to quite a few shows, first being ARA '93. Me likey live music & jammin' on my acoustic. Great community here folks. Gobless Lance and gobless us all. Peace
Hello everybody,

My name is Mark, I'm a student from Holland. I've heard the Hip for the first time last year July, when I was in Vancouver for two months. Ever since I'm interested in their music and became a fan.

Greetz,

Mark
Hey Mark, nice to see another person from our lovely country here. With Storm, Kim and myself that makes four of us Smile
Welcome to the gang! Dutchies have come to take over! :wink:
Hey now Kim, be nice :lol: :lol: That goes for you other Dutchies too :wink:
Ok I'll behave. But dont you harass Beat.. cause when you go after him, we'll come after you :wink:
We're very protective of him :lol:
You tell 'r Kim [Image: kiss.gif]
Wooooooooooowwww.. just back from holiday and what do I see???

another dutchy!!!

where are you from????