Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHL
Watching the leafs game. Lindros is back to his old self. It is good to see, but we will not last hitting like that.

OT, maybe we will see a shoot out tonigh.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Maybe Domi will score in the shootout like he did against Buffalo.

He is clutch on breakaways :lol:
Drez7 Wrote:Maybe Domi will score in the shootout like he did against Buffalo.

He is clutch on breakaways :lol:

we shoulda let domi shoot
mrlayance Wrote:Watching the leafs game. Lindros is back to his old self. It is good to see, but we will not last hitting like that.

OT, maybe we will see a shoot out tonigh.

You're right, he is back to his old self; Did you see his shoot-out attempt?

:p
I hate Dominek Hasek...although I do have him in my pool...I saw this guy single handedly beat the Canadians in Nagano in '98 stopping every shot and every shoot out shot....and now he does the same again to my Leafs...oh well, we're on the board with a point to start the year off.

I've got row 6 tickets at the Blue line for the game in Ottawa this coming Monday...hopefully Sundin will be healthy enough to play...we don't have much of a chance without him.

Goulet!!!
Argh! Damn shootouts!!! :x :rambo:

I mean, I understand the rationale behind them, and how it will help sell the game, etc., etc... but that doesn't mean I will ever like shootouts. Not now. Not ever. Not even if the Leafs won tonight.

The rest of the Leafs-Sens game, though, was pretty sweet! Great flow, end-to-end rushes and chances, I like what I see so far. Go new NHL, go!! :thumb:

And I like how the Leafs showed heart and toughness and for the most part buckled down once they lost Sundin. Hope he's not hurt too bad... losing him for any length of time is bad news for the Leafs. But Lindros looked great tonight! Scored a goal, played physical... if he can stay healthy we may have something here. And the Leafs got a point, so it could have been worse.

Get 'em next time Leafs, GO LEAFS GO!! :thumb:
i don't think shutouts do sell the game..what's wrong with a tie? if it's good enough to do in the regular season, why not the playoffs?? i'll tell you why..cause they're bullshit...sure..people may get excited about them early on in the season, but come january, we'll realize just what a joke they are...goals scored in the shootout don't even count on a players stats sheet...??? friggin joke
j-monster Wrote:Argh! Damn shootouts!!! :x :rambo:

I mean, I understand the rationale behind them, and how it will help sell the game, etc., etc... but that doesn't mean I will ever like shootouts. Not now. Not ever. Not even if the Leafs won tonight.

I am not the biggest fan of shootouts. But that was exciting, and much better than seeing the teams walk away with a tie. Edge of the seat entertainment. LEafs still got the point too, so it really is the same as if they ended the game with a tie in the old format. The only difference is maybe a loss of dignity, from losing the shootout.

The entire game was amazing tonight. I am loving the rule changes so far. Hopefully this play keeps up all season long!
Minnesota 6, Flames 3. Not a great start for my western conference champs. Ah well, it's only the first game. We've got a long season ahead of us.

GO FLAMES GO!!!
YAY SENS!!!! That is all for now................
great start to the season, though lindros had me worried there for a minute. i would never have heard the end of it if he had scored the winner against us :oops: especially after the non-review of the first goal.

based on the shooters they can send out as well as having hasek, the shootout format will be great for the sens, i can see getting a few extras points there. i agree though, what's wrong with a tie? two teams play each other hard for 65 minutes, just give them each a point and move on.

back in ottawa for the home opener, bring on the sabres! GO SENS GO! :rambo:
On the topic of shootouts...I've always hated them; I can see why they use them in soccer (games would NEVER END), but to me deciding a winner and loser in a TEAM game by individual shots is ludicrous.

It's akin to the NBA deciding games on the basis of free-throws or the NFL deciding games on field goals (with the rest of the team standing on the sideline)...

I'm sure this will come across as sour grapes (coming from a Buds fan), but just wait until your favorite team loses one of these things in a game vs. a key divisional rival. Those points could very well be the difference between being in or being out of the playoffs come April...

As for last night...losing Sundin really hurt...and I thought the Sens looked hopeless much of the night (especially the second period - ONE SHOT??)...I'm sure it'll be a different team in the rematch next week...
Any word on Captain Mats? I was heartened by the fact that they didn't rush him to the hospital (I was thinking Bryan Berard all over again when he hit the deck) ... but no real updates have come out today.

Hopefully it's nothing more than a nice big cut and a nice big shiner and Mats will finally put the visor on full time and we'll be done with this semi-annual tradition of near misses.

ct
Allison contributed. Lindros contributed. And "Character Man" Gary Roberts* left his game with a groin pull.

And the Flyers got spanked.

The 1st night of the season was S W E E T.

(* Character Man would prefer to play for a non-playoff team for a couple of hundred thousand more than he would have received from Leaf Nation. Yeah, that's CHARACTER!)
Chris Tanz Wrote:Any word on Captain Mats? I was heartened by the fact that they didn't rush him to the hospital (I was thinking Bryan Berard all over again when he hit the deck) ... but no real updates have come out today.

i think i heard that his eyeball is ok, but he's broken the orbital bone so who knows how long he'll be out

EDIT: just found this:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=138919&hubname=">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=138919&hubname=</a><!-- m -->