Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHL
New season tonight!!! Hawks are much improved! Gonna be an interesting season. Who will end up on top? Here's my top 5 possibilities:

1). Calgary
2). Philly
3). LA
4). Sens
5). Hawks
PHILLY
Are you taking any wagers on the Hawks finishing in 5th? I'd like a piece of that action if you are.

Philly in 2nd eh? I love that people think Philly is gonna dominate. I love that with the Leafs everyone talks about the risk of injury to Allison or Lindros but no one says boo about Forsberg. I love that people think that big, dumb and slow Darien Hatcher is going to succedd in a new up-tempo NHL.

I think that if Hasek holds up, the Sens are going to run away with it this year. And I'm a Leaf fan!

The west is wide open in my mind.
Sens
SJ
Calgary
Van
Det.
Every season I think Philly is going to win the cup only to get as dissapoited as prom night. I also think if the Thrashers get Kovalcuk (sp) signed they should have an exciting team, I makes me miss our company tix.
Dude,

The hawks are drastically improved. One of the best goalies in the league and a group of young guys that will be given direction by some solid vets like Lapointe and Aucoin. Who is gonna beat them out? Detroit? Toronto? Colorado? Please. Geriatric lineups man. I'll take your action any day of the week!
just Toronto, the only team that matters!!

we're going to defy all of the odds, win the presidents trophy, then move on to the cup.......now that i think of it, we're not gonna lose a single game all year!!!!

hows THAT for a prediction!

but i'd settle for a good year, with a decent playoff run

that being said 2006-2007 is gonna be OUR year!!!
farmerdan69 Wrote:that being said 2006-2007 is gonna be OUR year!!!

Every year is the Leafs year :roll:

Go OILERS!
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
The Hawks could ice a roster of AHLers and they'd be drastically improved.

Their offense is brutal. Tyler Arnason? Daze has already said he'll never be able to play a full season with his bad back. Lapointe is an overrated (and overpaid) bum. What did he do for the Bruins again?!? The only forward who scares me on that team is Ruutu.

As for the D, people say the Leaf D is thin. Really? Well take a look at Chi-town. Wow. That's thin! Spacek is soft. Cullimore is slow. Who else is there, after Aucoin? Vandermeer? HA HA HA!

Hawks won't make the playoffs. Not even close.
Don Cherry's predictions in Sun today:

East Final - Ottawa defeats Philadelphia
West Final - Calgary defeats Vancouver
Cup Final - Ottawa defeats Calgary

Some Canadian bias to be sure, but he may not be far off.
Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Everyone is predicting that Ottawa will win the cup...except us Leaf fans!
Montreal's return to glory starts now...if there was ever a team designed to thrive in the "new NHL", it'd be Montreal. plenty of speed and skill up front, solid D, an allstar goaltender, a lot of heart, a lot of passion, an infusion of youth, a much better team than the one we had last year, who was only bested by the Stanley Cup Champion TB Lightning.
The Darkest Canuck Wrote:Montreal's return to glory starts now...if there was ever a team designed to thrive in the "new NHL", it'd be Montreal. plenty of speed and skill up front, solid D, an allstar goaltender, a lot of heart, a lot of passion, an infusion of youth, a much better team than the one we had last year, who was only bested by the Stanley Cup Champion TB Lightning.

Until Theodore plays well in the playoffs, the Habs ain't doing nothin'. He's got Turco-itis.
GO JETS GO

Oh i mean

GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO
cferneyh Wrote:
The Darkest Canuck Wrote:Montreal's return to glory starts now...if there was ever a team designed to thrive in the "new NHL", it'd be Montreal. plenty of speed and skill up front, solid D, an allstar goaltender, a lot of heart, a lot of passion, an infusion of youth, a much better team than the one we had last year, who was only bested by the Stanley Cup Champion TB Lightning.

Until Theodore plays well in the playoffs, the Habs ain't doing nothin'. He's got Turco-itis.

Why you hatin on the orig six b-yatch??? You're probably a ducks fan right?