Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albums you've recently rediscovered
The Horrible Esthete Wrote:
opiated Wrote:

Hey opiated - that wouldn't happen to be Phil Hartman playing "Cirroc" the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer in your avatar, would it? Now that's something to rediscover....from a time when SNL was actually funny....

----------------

Judge: Mr. Cirroc, are you ready to give your summation?

Cirroc: It's just "Cirroc", your Honor.. and, yes, I'm ready. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! Sometimes the honking horns of your traffic make me want to get out of my BMW.. and run off into the hills, or wherever.. Sometimes when I get a message on my fax machine, I wonder: "Did little demons get inside and type it?" I don't know! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. But there is one thing I do know - when a man like my client slips and falls on a sidewalk in front of a public library, then he is entitled to no less than two million in compensatory damages, and two million in punitive damages. Thank you.

Judge: The jury will now retire to deliberate.

Jury Foreman: Your Honor.. we don't need to retire. Cirroc's words are just as true now as they were in his time. We give him the full amount.

[ the jury applauds Cirroc ]

Judge: Did you hear that, Mr. Cirroc?

Cirroc: [ cell phone to his ear ] Hang on a second.. [ to the judge ] I-I'm sorry, your Honor. I was listening to the magic voices coming out of this strange modern invention! [ smiles maliciously to the camera ]

very good eye...one of the funniest sketches, that i "re-discovered" on the best of phil hartman
Live-Throwing copper
Dream theatre-images and words
Weezer-Blue Album
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thehip.com/MyConcertStats.html?LinkID=12360571443252482_733834_744">http://www.thehip.com/MyConcertStats.ht ... 733834_744</a><!-- m -->
I decided to dust off an album I haven't listened to in 6ish years.

Last Of The Big Game Hunters - The Barstool Prophets

Man I used to really dig these guys and always thought they were way better than most of the other crap bands kicking around in Canada in the mid 90's.
Barstool Phopehts ! wow I though me and a buddy were the only ones who new of them, I think they only lasted two albums, they were not too bad, I lost there CD's when I got broken into along with all my other CD's 200 plus. That sucked. I never replaced the Prophets.
NMAS Wrote:Barstool Phopehts ! wow I though me and a buddy were the only ones who new of them, I think they only lasted two albums, they were not too bad, I lost there CD's when I got broken into along with all my other CD's 200 plus. That sucked. I never replaced the Prophets.

Three albums really...they put out a first album that had songs they reworked and some of those ended up on "Crank".
Billy Wrote:
NMAS Wrote:Barstool Phopehts ! wow I though me and a buddy were the only ones who new of them, I think they only lasted two albums, they were not too bad, I lost there CD's when I got broken into along with all my other CD's 200 plus. That sucked. I never replaced the Prophets.

Three albums really...they put out a first album that had songs they reworked and some of those ended up on "Crank".

Yes that is true, forgot about the indie release.
Just began listening to Nirvana-Unplugged in New York again. Great, great album. Also, this album isn't old but Live-The Distance to Here.

Also Creed-Human Clay. (haha just kidding)
Stone Roses- Stone Roses

Warrior Soul-last decade dead century
Just picked up the new Anthrax - "The Greater of Two Evils", man what a blast from the past. They did a web poll before recording this album on what 14 songs one would like to see re-recorded from the pre John bush era Anthrax. What they did was a trip back to the 80's. Relavancy to the topic: I recently revisited:

"State of Euphoria"
"Spreading the disease"
"Among the Living"

Awesome 80's :twisted: Metal :twisted:
Tom Waits is so excellent. Nice to see a few fans here. My favourite Tom Waits albums are "bone machine", "swordfishtrombones" and "alice".

Lately I've been 'rediscovering' some of the late '80s early '90s pop punk I really love. You know before the mainstream and MTV latched on to it and ruined pop punk. Bands like the Lillingtons, the Riverdales, Sicko, the Bomb Bassetts, '90s Bad Religion, early Rancid etc etc.

I've also been into a lot of dream pop and "shoegaze" stuff. Bands like Brian Jonestown Massacre, Elbow, My Bloody Valentine and early '90s Sonic Youth.

And I'm always listening to '80s thrash in my musical playlists.
The Guess Who- Live
Soundgarden- Super Unknown
Rush- Different Stages
I've just "Re-discovered" AC/DC's If You Want Blood You've Got It album. "Whole Lotta Rosie" and "The Jack" are phenomenal on this. :mrgreen:
alice in chains unplugged
buzz882 Wrote:I've just "Re-discovered" AC/DC's If You Want Blood You've Got It album. "Whole Lotta Rosie" and "The Jack" are phenomenal on this. :mrgreen:

So is the title track! :thumb:
I haven't rediscovered an album, so much as the entire catalogue of Pearl Jam. What an amazing band!